Per Mar Celebrates Michael Duffy’s Iowa Business Hall of Fame Induction
January 11, 2019
DAVENPORT, Iowa – Per Mar Security Services, a leading provider of total security solutions for residential and commercial clients based in Davenport, IA, is proud to announce that Michael L. Duffy, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Per Mar Security Services, was inducted into the Iowa Business Hall of Fame. Michael was honored during the Greater Des Moines Committee’s Annual Black Tie Dinner on December 13, 2018. He was joined by inductees: Ric Jurgens, retired Chairman and CEO of Hy-Vee; Gage A. Kent, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of Kent Corporation; and Rich Willis, President and Dealer Principal of Willis Auto Campus.
“Becoming a member of the Iowa Business Hall of Fame is something I never would have imagined,” said Michael Duffy. “I want to thank all of those who helped make this possible; my family, my many co-workers over the years, without whose contributions and efforts this wouldn’t be possible. I feel fortunate to have crossed paths with all those that I have; customers, employees, and community members that I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know through the years. I am humbled and honored by the recognition and I certainly want to pay gratitude to my parents, who started this company and allowed me the opportunity to continue on their legacy.”
Michael L. Duffy is Chairman and CEO of Per Mar Security Services. He joined the company, which was founded by his parents, in 1967 and has held various positions including Dispatch Supervisor, Alarm Manager, Vice President of Operations, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, President, Chairman, and CEO. In 1977 he assumed leadership of the company and has led the organization in more than 80 acquisitions of security companies to become a full-service security provider. Duffy is a licensed Private Detective in seven states and has held the level of U.S. Government Secret Clearance, in addition to being involved in many boards and committees within the industry. In the community, he has served his alma mater, St. Ambrose University, including as Alumni President; the Handicapped Development Center Board including as Chairman; the Scott County YMCA, the Davenport Chamber of Commerce, the Downtown Davenport Development Corporation and many more boards and committees.
In 1975, the Greater Des Moines Committee founded the Iowa Business Hall of Fame to honor the achievements of Iowans who have made outstanding contributions to the development and enhancement of the business climate in Iowa. Inductees to the Iowa Business Hall of Fame are selected on merit rather than an endorsement:
- Business Leadership: The nominated individual should lead or have led a business that has provided valued jobs and economic development to his/her community and the state; creating both wealth and workforce opportunity.
- Community Development Impact: The nominated individual should have made an impact by improving the economies of the community and the state through his/her leadership in such organizations as chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, or centers of education.
- Community Volunteerism/Leadership: The nominated individual should have personally given his/her time and financial resources for the betterment of the community through the support of charities and organizations.
- Strategic Leadership: The nominated individual should have contributed to community economic growth through visionary leadership, community problem-solving, and building strategic alliances.
- Business Recognition: The nominated individual should be recognized by his/her peers as a business leader.
About Per Mar Security Services
Established in 1953, Per Mar Security Services is the largest, family-owned, full-service security company in the Midwest with more than 2,400 team members, operating in 22 branch locations and 17 satellite locations. The company provides full-service security solutions for homes and businesses including security officer services, smart home automation, burglar and fire alarms, access control, security cameras, alarm monitoring, investigative services, and background checks.