Your Business’ Ever-Changing Security Needs
December 30, 2020
In the last blog, we discussed creating and executing a business plan for 2021 and beyond. In this blog (a revamp of our 2019 blog entitled ‘Security Needs Change- Is Your Business Secure?’), we’re honing in on the business security aspect of your plan and how your security needs may be ever-changing due to COVID-19.
Consider what, if anything, has changed at your place of business in the last 9-10 months. Even if your business didn’t feel the changes as greatly as others, it’s important to regularly evaluate your business for vulnerable areas. How can you plan ahead? Experts agree that thinking like a criminal is helpful. The good news? You have the upper hand since you know the ins and outs of your business like the back of your (upper) hand. The better news? You have Per Mar Security Services to help with the rest!
When was Your Last Security Review?
Now think back. When was the last time a Per Mar professional was on-site to review your security plan and security system with you and your team? If you don’t already know, we offer free, no-obligation security reviews. Think of this like a budget or marketing review but even more critical. We set up a time to visit your premises, ask the right questions (examples below) and formulate an affordable security plan based on your specific operations, layout, and occupancy.
- What types of changes have been implemented due to COVID-19?
- Do any of those make you more or less vulnerable to crime?
- Has your business grown or shrunk?
- Have you remodeled?
- Have you had employee turnover or growth?
- Have you experienced criminal activity or employee theft?
- Do you offer any new products and services?
Which Critical Areas of Your Business Need Protecting?
During your free security review, your Per Mar representative will look over your security plans or current security system, and ask important questions such as:
- For those still working on-site, what is your mask and temperature-taking policy, and are you able to manage it on your own?
- Do you keep track of visitors?
- Is limited access to your building(s) important?
- How many buildings are you responsible for securing?
- Are you concerned with monitoring your staff?
- Do you have security concerns indoors, outdoors, or both?
- Do you require real-time security or something more passive?
Depending on the answers to your questions and our assessment of your current security plan, we will work within your budgetary guidelines to create an affordable security solution.
Which Security Features Do I Need?
Another plus of working with Per Mar Security Services is avoiding the purchase of any unnecessary equipment. We don’t want you paying for equipment or services you don’t need any more than you do! Click here to reference the original blog and see what new features your new security plan could entail. Examples include:
- Intrusion/Burglar Alarms
- Fire Alarms
- Access Control Systems with Card Access
- Video Surveillance
- Pre-employment Screening
- Security Officers
Keep in mind that not every business requires every security solution and not everything has to be accomplished right upfront. We can stagger the right security solution for you in phases if needed.
The bottom line is that with an ongoing pandemic at play – and even once we’re past the pandemic – now is always the time to think about your business’ security and the ever-changing needs specific to it. We make it easy to keep your employees and/or customers safe without going over budget or out of your mind. We look forward to hearing from you for your free security review.